Our contact details
Name: MICHAEL CARTER TRAVEL
Address: 77 HIGH STREET, LINCOLN, LN5 8AA
Phone Number: 01522 524595
The type of personal information we may need to collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, gender, name, date of birth and contact details, work contact, email and telephone numbers)
- Sensitive information for example allergies, disabilities, criminal convictions and offences
- Residency information including postcode, work address
- Passport and visa information, nationalities.
- Customer Financial information for example bank details, bank card information
- Next of Kin and emergency contacts details
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you over the phone, email, FB or website for one of the following reasons:
- Enabling Michael Carter Travel to contact you over the telephone, by emailing you, posting information to you in relation to a requested quote you have made to us
- Emailing offers or contacting you if we feel it may be of interest/benefit to you.
- Requesting financial information and details directly from you to secure /complete a purchase/reservation.
- Fulfilling/completing a reservation made on your behalf, generally in office, over the phone or via email/website which is also a requirement of our business partners/tour operators booking conditions.
- Making sure we can continue to offer our highest standard of customer service to you pre and post-travel.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Proceed with requests made by you
- Secure/complete and fulfil your reservation
- Contact you regarding important updates /changes to a reservation
- Contact you in relation to Michael Carter Travel updates and possible changes to open/close times or any other important information regarding our services.
We may share this information with:
- Tour operators, Airlines, transfer companies for example a taxi company if travelling to the Airport/Cruise terminal/Coach departure point.
- Financial organisations for purposes such as payment processing and refunds.
- Industry regulatory bodies such as the Civil Aviation Authority and ABTA.
- Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a legitimate interest.
We disclose your personal data to our business partners solely for the reason it is intended for which is to fulfil a booking request made by you.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We will not disclose your personal information/ Data to any third parties, unless absolutely necessary or required by law.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored at our premises and through password protected computers.
We limit access to your personal data to those colleagues, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We retain your personal information, data and financial information for a period of time; generally, up to 7 years.
Time is dependent on the information and sensitivity of the information collected. We may be required to keep certain information for longer periods to satisfy accounting purposes.
We will then dispose of your data by shredding deleting computer files where necessary.
Please contact us regarding our retention policies if you require further information.
You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting MICHAEL CARTER TRAVEL. 01522 524595
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org MICHAEL CARTER TRAVEL, 77 HIGH STREET ,LINCOLN ,LN5 8AA if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com MICHAEL CARTER TRAVEL, 77 HIGH STREET, LINCOLN, LN5 8AA
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk